30th EDAMBA Summer Research Academy
Online, July 19-23, 2021
NEW Application Deadline: June 18, 2021
The 2021 EDAMBA Summer Research Academy is aimed at doctoral students in the management and business fields. The purpose of the Research Academy is to contribute to the emergence of PhD student independent intellectual identity through academic discussions and presentation.
The theme for this year’s academy is
"Celebrating Methodological Rigour in Business & Management Research".
Issues in research methodology and the philosophy of social science will be presented and discussed. Business and management research is developing in interesting ways playing a more central role informing business and organisational systems and re-defining value creation. Doctoral education and studies form an essential part in all these developments and doctoral students have an essential role to play in the formation of the research landscape of tomorrow.
The academy will give introductions to some of the essential philosophical issues surrounding management and business research, and to the issues surrounding the field and its research methods locating these in relation to what is seen in the other social sciences and in the intellectual development of thinking more generally about business and society.
The general aims of the EDAMBA Summer Research Academies are to:
- provide a forum for dialogue on research paradigms and methodologies in the field of management and business research
- allow participants to present their own research with a focus on its place in the research landscape in business and management
- give young researchers means to motivate them to continue with their research and find a role and intellectual identity in today's research landscape
- build scholarly networks among young researchers from the various fields of management and business research
A central part of the academy will be the presentation and discussion of the research projects of the participating doctoral students. Each participant should write a short presentation of her or his project focusing on challenges and problems connected to relevant research methods and/or developments of theory. The aim is to get an overview and understanding of the issues connected to the implicit or explicit philosophy of science involved.
The format of the research academy will consist of lectures, workshops and participant presentations. Lectures will both present important issues and introduce themes that are treated in the workshops. Workshops are more interactive and participants should expect to contribute. There will be two evenings available for meetings and consultations between faculty and participants.
ECTS: 5 ECTS are assigned for participation in the EDAMBA Summer Research Academy
- Professor Dimitris Assimakopoulos, EDAMBA President
- Professor Pierre Batteau, Aix-Marseille Université, France
- Professor Xavier Castaner, EURAM; HEC; Lausanne University, Switzerland
- Professor Elias G. Carayannis, George Washington University, USA.
- Professor Joe Hair, University of South Alabama, Director of the PhD. Program in Business Administration, USA
- Professor Hans Siggaard Jensen, Aarhus University, Copenhagen Campus, Denmark (former President of EDAMBA)
- Professor Ann Langley, HEC Montreal, Canada
- Professor Claus Rerup, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management, Germany
- Professor John P. Ulhøi, School of Business and Social Sciences, Aarhus University, Denmark
EDAMBA Summer Research Academy Committee Chair:
Dr. M. May Seitanidi, Kent Business School, University of Kent, U.K.
The Summer Research Academy fee structure is as follows:
I. For students from EDAMBA Member Institutions:
- Registration Fee: 70 incl. Vat.
II. For students from Non-EDAMBA member Universities :
- Registration Fee: 350 euros incl. Vat
Fees include participation to the seminar, the seminar documentation
Cancellations made before June 20, 2021 will be reimbursed minus 20% of the total fee. No reimbursement will be possible after that date.
NEW Application Deadline: June 18, 2021
To submit your application
1. Fill in the submission form
download the application form
2. Submit your application form online (APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ONLY ONLINE)
TO APPLY CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW
Nina Payen - email@example.com