The 2023 EDAMBA Summer Academy is for 15-20 selected doctoral students in the management and business fields. The purpose of the Summer Academy is to contribute to the development of the student's independent intellectual identity through academic discussions and presentations. There are usually between 15 and 20 students and 5 faculty attending the full 5 days.
EDAMBA Summer Academies aim to
• provide a forum for dialogue on research paradigms and methodologies in the field of management and business research
• allow participants to present their own research with a focus on its place in the research landscape in business and management
• give young researchers means to motivate them to continue with their research and find a role and intellectual identity in today's research landscape
• build scholarly networks among young researchers from the various fields of management and business research
The Academy takes place over five days in a wonderful location starting with a welcome on the Sunday evening. From the Monday morning, there will be a programme of of lectures, workshops and presentations. The main focus will be the presentations and discussions of the research projects of the participating doctoral students. Lectures by invited faculty will identify important issues and introduce themes that will be developed in more detail in the workshops. Workshops are more interactive and participants should expect to contribute. There will be two evenings available for meetings and consultations between faculty and participants.
Each participant should write a short presentation of her or his project focusing on challenges and problems connected to relevant research methods and/or developments of theory. The aim is to get an overview and understanding of the issues connected to the implicit or explicit philosophy of science involved. Both faculty and students will take part in the discussions.
Taking place in the relaxed environment of the St. George Lycabettus Hotel in Athens, there will be many opportunites for informal conversations and exploring the exciting city of Athens. Watch a short video of last year's Summer Academy
to get a feel for what 2023 EDAMBA Summer Academy will be like.
5 ECTS are assigned for participation in the EDAMBA Summer Academy.
GUEST SPEAKER ON ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
- €850 EURO including VAT for students from EDAMBA Member Institutions
- €1,300 EURO including VAT for students from Non-EDAMBA member Institutions
- Fees include participation to the seminar, the seminar documentation, 4 nights accommodation at the 5 star St. George Lycabettus Lifestyle Hotel in central Athens, lunches and 1 group dinner. Hotel accommodation will be provided for 4 nights from Sunday 16 July, 2023 to Thursday 20, 2023 (Thursday night not included).
- Cancellation policy: Cancellations made before May 30, 2023 will be reimbursed minus 20% of the total fee. No reimbursement will be possible after that date.
The EDAMBA Summer Academy is aimed at giving an analysis and some important perspectives on the challenges facing management and business research in the changing world order. It has become evident that this process is very challenging for the economy and society.
The academy will give introductions to some of the essential philosophical issues surrounding management and business research, and to the issues surrounding the field and its research methods locating these in relation to what is seen in the other social sciences and in the intellectual development of thinking more generally about business and society.
Issues in research methodology and the philosophy of social science will be presented and discussed. Business and management research is developing in interesting ways playing a more central role informing business and organisational systems and re-defining value creation. Doctoral education and studies form an essential part in all these developments and doctoral students have an essential role to play in the formation of the research landscape of tomorrow.
EDAMBA Summer Research Academy Organising Committee
- Professor John P. Ulhøi, School of Business and Social Sciences, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Professor José-Antonio Roblès-Florès, ESAN University, Peru
- Professor Dimitris Assimakopoulos, EDAMBA President
- Nina Payen, EDAMBA Executive Secretary
- Lucy Mori, EDAMBA Executive Secretary Elect
32nd EDAMBA Summer Research Academy 2023
31st EDAMBA Summer Research Academy 2022
30th EDAMBA Summer Research Academy 2021