29th EDAMBA Summer Research Academy Athens, Greece
The 2020 EDAMBA Research Academy is aimed at doctoral students in the management and business sciences. The purpose of the research academy is to contribute to the development of an independent intellectual identity in the doctoral student through discussions and presentations at the academy.
The theme for this year’s academy is "Challenges for business and management research today".
Issues in research methodology and the philosophy of social science will be presented and discussed. Business and management research is developing in important new ways and is playing a more and more important role in the research landscape. It also interacts in important ways with the developments we see in the business system where knowledge has for a good time played an essential role in value creation. Doctoral education and studies form an essential part in all these developments and doctoral students have a central role to play in the formation of the research landscape of tomorrow.
The academy will give introductions to some of the essential philosophical issues surrounding management and business research, and to the issues surrounding the field and its research methods locating these in relation to what is seen in the other social sciences and in the intellectual development of thinking more generally about business and society.
The general aims of the EDAMBA Summer Research Academies are to
- provide a forum for dialogue on research paradigms and methodologies in the field of management and business research
- allow participants to present their own research with a focus on its place in the research landscape in business and management
- give young researchers means to motivate them to continue with their research and find a role and intellectual identity in today's research landscape
- build scholarly networks among young researchers from the various fields of management and business research
A central part of the academy will be the presentation and discussion of the projects of the participating doctoral students. Each participant should write a short presentation of her or his project focusing on challenges and problems connected to relevant research methods and/or developments of theory. The aim is to get an overview and understanding of the issues connected to the implicit or explicit philosophy of science involved.
The format of the research academy will consist of lectures, workshops and participant presentations. Lectures will both present important issues and introduce themes that are treated in the workshops. Workshops are more interactive and participants should expect to contribute.
There will be two evenings available for meetings and consultations between faculty and participants.
ECTS: 5 ECTS are assigned to the Summer Academy
Chair : Professor Hans Siggaard Jensen, Danish School of Education, Copenhagen (former President of EDAMBA) – on the present status and situation in the intellectual development of the business and management disciplines
- Professor Joe Hair, University of Southern Alabama, Director of the PhD. Program in Business Administration, USA
- Professor John P. Ulhøi, Aarhus School of Business, Denmark
- Professor Gillian Wright, Bradford School of Business, UK
- Professor Pierre Batteau, Aix-Marseilles Université, France
- Professor Dimitris Assimakopoulos, EM Lyon Business School, France (EDAMBA President)
The Summer Research Academy fee structure is as follows:
I. For students from EDAMBA Member Institutions:
- Early Registration Fee (until May 1, 2020) : 850 euros incl. Vat.
- Late Registration Fee (as of May 2, 2020): 950 euros incl. Vat.
II. For students from Non-EDAMBA member Universities :
- Early Registration Fee (until May 1, 2020): 1300 euros incl. Vat
- Late Registration Fee (as of May 2, 2020): 1400 euros incl Vat
Fees include participation to the seminar, the seminar documentation, 5 nights hotel accommodation, lunches and 2 group dinners
Note: Hotel accommodation will be provided for 5 nights from Sunday 19 July 2020 to Friday 24 July 2020. (Friday night not inclusive)
Travel expenses will be the responsibility of the participants or their institution.
Cancellations made before May 15, 2020 will be reimbursed minus 20% of the total fee. No reimbursement will be possible after that date.
To submit your application
1. Fill in the submission form
Click HERE download the application form
2. Submit your application form online (APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ONLY ONLINE)
Deadline for Application: TBC
TO APPLY CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW
Nina Payen - email@example.com
Tel: +322 226 66 61